Sunday, March 09, 2014

Would you mind taking our picture??

When RBH and I were dating, I confessed a goal that I had to him: I want to go to all the temples in Utah before I move away. RBH looked at me with shock and said, "I have that same exact goal!!" Amidst the long distance dating, we got to go to a lot of the temples in Utah together. (One of my fav parts of our courtship).

Well. Folks. We are moving out of Utah for good in 7 weeks, and we still have a couple more temples to visit. 

I did something awful, though. I haven't taken our picture in front of all of the temples we've already been to. I don't have any way of saving that memory or proving our goal at the end. So I have started to be adamant about taking pictures in front of the temple when we go. 

Yesterday, we went to the incredibly beautiful Draper temple. I tried a couple times to take a selfie of us because nobody was around to take our picture. Just as I was about to give up hope, an older couple and their 20 something daughter began to approach. 

I was so relieved--I have had really unfortunate results with pictures when I have handed my iPhone to anybody over the age of 45. I was so grateful to see the 20something girl--the way she dressed and acted told me she was pretty with it and I could count on her knowing how to take a quality picture on an iPhone. 

I called her out. "Would you mind taking our picture?" She excitedly agreed and even began to tell us where to move to get better lighting and even jumped up on the little wall we were standing by to get a better angle. 

Sweet. I knew I just had to find somebody that had exposure to an iPhone. We took the picture and proceeded into the temple. 

Later in the day, I remembered to check how the pictures turned out.




Here they are unedited:


Take 2:



I mean, really?! Really. Why do people do this? Haha

I mean it's partly my fault because I was so distracted and rushing to get this taken in the blaring sun that I was just relieved it was over and not paying attention to what she was actually doing. 

BUT
Every single picture I've asked a stranger to take in front of a temple has turned out a little like this. 

...but the reason we are taking a picture here is because we're in front of the temple...so...

I just need to give in and start bringing my actual camera around again...and invest in a tripod. 


3 comments:

D said...

Hilarious. Does this make you wonder if this person has a whole album full of awkwardly-framed photos like this?

Madi said...

haha yes. I have had this same experience many times. I will take you and RBH's picture any day. I promise you can trust me!

DTA said...

Cute! You two look great though!