Sunday, December 01, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 1

I love Christmas for so many different reasons - I feel so close to my family, I feel closer and kinder to humanity in general - basically, I feel more of Christ's love in the world.

I was brainstorming the other day about how I could make this holiday season special and more Christ-centered. Last year, in a church meeting, one of the apostles said that the degree of joy that we feel during the Christmas season is proportionate to the degree at which we place Christ in the center. I really feel that every year. I want to more fully place Him in the center.

I want to fill this season with joy. I want to fill it with praise for the Savior of the world. I also wanted to feel a unity of worship with other Christians in our love and celebration of Jesus Christ this season.

That is when this blog project unfolded: I decided to dedicate 25 Days to Christ on my blog, posting a thought or testimony of Jesus Christ from a different person every day. These people come from all different walks of life from young to old, in different parts of the country and some around the world. These people also come from many different sects of Christianity. Its no secret that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or Mormon), but I wanted all areas of Christianity to be represented. As I have read through the different thoughts that people have shared, I have been moved by how personal each person's relationship with Jesus Christ is--we all have something different to share. I have also been touched by how similar our feelings are for the Savior. We all love Him. We all wish we were more like Him, and that the world felt more of His influence. 

So this is the beginning of a month of celebrating Him together.

If you feel moved while reading any of these posts and want to contribute--please send me your thoughts or testimony of Christ. I will constantly be adding more voices, don't worry!

To start off, I thought I would share a video of scenes from the Bible depicting the birth of the Savior accompanied by the powerful music of The Piano Guys. It portrays the exact feeling that I want to have with me throughout this Christmas season.


I hope we can all feel of His love, power, and spirit more fully in our lives during this season. More importantly, though, I hope we strive harder to share it with others.

"The Christmas spirit is the Christ spirit" - Pres. Thomas S. Monson


Para leerlo en espanol, haga un clic! (For Spanish translation click below)



Me encanta la Navidad por muchas razones - Me siento muy cerca a mi familia, me siento mas bondad a la humanidad en general - básicamente, me siento mas del amor de Cristo en el mundo.

Estaba pensando, yo, el otro día sobre como podría hacerse la Navidad especial y mas centrado en Cristo. El ano pasado, en una reunión de la iglesia, uno de los apóstoles dijo que el grado de gozo que sentimos durante la Navidad es proporcionado al grado en que ponemos Cristo como el centro. De verdad, me siento asi cada ano. Quiero ponerlo en el centro de la Navidad mas en mi vida.

Quiero llenar este tiempo con gozo. Quiero llenarlo con alabanzas al Salvador del mundo. También, quiero sentir unidad de amor y celebración con otros cristianos en nuestra adoración.

Este es como se me occurio la idea de hacer este proyecto en mi blog: decidí de dedicar 25 días a Cristo, publicando un pensamiento o testimonio de Jesucristo de una diferente persona cada dia. Estas personas son de diferentes partes de la vida: joven y viejo, de diferentes partes del país y algunas de diferentes partes del mundo. También estas personas son de diferentes sectas o denominaciones de cristianismo. No es un secreto que soy miembro de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias (o sea mormona), pero quise que todas las áreas de cristianismo sean representados. Mientras que leía los pensamientos diferentes que personas han compartido conmigo, he sido conmovido por las relaciones personales que tienen cada persona con Cristo--todos nosotros tenemos algo diferente de compartir. También me ha impresionado por como nuestros sentimientos son tan similares para el Salvador. Todos lo amamos. Todos deseamos que seamos mas como el, y que el mundo tenga mas de Su influencia. Entonces este es el comienzo de un mes celebrando el Salvador juntos.

Si talvez te gustaria compartir algo del Salvador - porfavor envieme tus sentimientos o testimonio de Cristo. Anadire diferentes voces de personas cada dia, no te preocupes!

Para empezar, me gustaría compartir un video de la historia del nacimiento de Cristo de la Biblia. La música poderosa es de los Piano Guys. Representa el sentimiento que quiero sentir durante todo el mes.

(vealo mas arriba)

Espero que todos nosotros podamos sentir mas del amor, poder, y espíritu del Senor en nuestras vidas. Aun mas importante, espero que trabajemos mas en compartirlos con otros.

"El espíritu de la Navidad es el espíritu de Cristo" - el president Tomas S. Monson




(durante el mes, tratare de traducir todos los mensajes en espanol. Es buena practica para mi :) ! Lo siento MUCHO que mi espanol no es perfecto. Si tienes alguna correcion o sugerencia, por favor envieme un mensaje!!)

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

I am so excited for this spiritual contribution to my Christmas!