Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 11

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!


Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.


I know that Jesus Christ my Savior and Redeemer. It is He who has molded me into the man that I am. It is He who gives me the hope that I can become so much more. These things I know and feel, especially during this time of year that we celebrate His birth.

When I say I feel it, it isn't the same as feeling cold or feeling under the weather, it's so much more than physically feeling anything. It's an emotion, it's something you experience inside of you. To me the world "feel" and "know" are directly related. To truly know, you must feel, and not only do I know that Christ lives through experiences and prayer, but I can feel it. It's the warm dedication and sincere commitment that I experience in the purpose of my heart, that is what I feel when I think of Christ and my relationship with Him. During this Christmas season the word "feel" becomes real. Many times we lose sight of the true meaning of Christmas, the celebration of Christ's birth, but we never fail to notice that feeling. That feeling is Christ's love. It's the feeling that He lives and knows each of us. We dont always recognize what those feelings are, but I promise that as we ponder on that wonderful feeling we always seem to experience this time of year, we will recognize that it comes from Him. I am forever grateful for my Savior and His love. I feel and see His influence in my life daily, and this is Christmas, I promise to share and show that feeling to all those around me. Isn't that what Christmas cheer is?

Christmas poem by anonymous:

Though Christ a thousand times,
In Bethlehem be born,
If He's not born in you,
Your soul is still forlorn.

Ah, would your heart but be
A manger for His birth,
Once more would God now come,
With peace upon the Earth

- Alex


Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

2 comments:

DTA said...

I am really enjoying reading your Blog!

DTA said...

Thank you Alex.