Monday, December 16, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 16

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!


Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.


Over 2000 years ago, Jehovah left the side of his eternal Father and descended from that perfect habitation and took unto him the small shell of a mortal body. The babe lay in his Mother's arms just as any infant would, yearning for physical nutrition as any natural baby would, and his Mother lovingly provided the natural nourishment his new physical body required. The Savior would grow into that mortal Frame as you and I have and are growing into ours but never forgetting where he came from or his divine lineage. He would practice steadily the spiritual habits that would aid him in mastering the weak flesh he received as a consequence of Adam's fall, always remembering what his life was for, A sacrifice for all. Though we don't know the details of his adolescent life or into his teen years, I imagine him having friends and playing and running and laughing and studying, just as you and I do everyday. I try to place myself into the moments when he was in his teen years, in the moments he was in deepest communion with his Father, reflecting and conversing over the governments and glories of heaven (you and I) and retaining the motivation we have him. You see he was and still is completely motivated outward. He is simple in taste and calm in composition. He is simply graceful. He laughs, he weeps, he hopes, he dreams. He is alive. He is patient, So patient, calm and kind. He loves me, his actions proved that. I love him and my actions will prove that, therefore, I will keep his commandments to love our joint Father. I will love myself so that I can love my neighbors as myself. Be heroic, be creative and most importantly be honest and in love. Jesus is my brother and I believe him. These truths I swear my life on his name, JESUS THE ANOINTED ONE, amen.

- Andrew



Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

No comments: