Saturday, December 14, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 14

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!


Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.



          When our children were young we baked a cake each Christmas and sang happy birthday to Jesus to signify that God gave us the greatest gift of all, His Son. We raised our children with the understanding that our Christmas gifts to each other are an expression of God's true love for us. He sent His Son to die on the cross for us so that we may have eternal life with Him. Colossians 1:15-20 captures the essence of Jesus' divine nature and emphasize the truths that make Christmas truly wonderful. It says,
"He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creation. For . . . all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the first born from the dead; so that He himself might come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all the fulness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross."
         The Christmas season brings with it traditions, sights, aromas, events, family, friends, and fellowship. There is a certain lightness and joyfulness that accompanies this time of year. The most significant for me as a Christian is celebrating the truth that the Child of Christmas is God. Christmas is not about the Savior's infancy, it is about God being born into this world. Jesus was fully human, with all the needs and emotions that are common to us all. An yet, He was also fully God, all wise and powerful.
        It is truly the most wonderful time of year, the celebration of the first born, the King of kings, the Lord of lords. He knows every hair on my head, He has counted my days and He guides and protects me each step of every day. My worship and conversations start with Him each morning before I rise out of bed. Every act of my day is a form of worship and every day He gives me is a blessing and a gift. He is my best friend, He knows the best and worst of me and yet loves me, because I am His and He is my Savior and Redeemer.
      Christmas is a miraculous and special season of worship and gratitude for God's gift to us. John 3:16, 
        "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Merry Christmas!

- Sue




Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.


1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

I love Sue.