Sunday, December 15, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 15

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!




Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.



Lord my rock, my strength. Lord my home, my song. Lord my hope, my peace. Lord my soul, my love. Lord who is all things and whom through all things are possible.

Our precious Savior, we celebrate in this time of rejoicing for you were born to save us. Lord you came for the salvation of the children your heart breaks for and longs to have at your right hand. God this season brings such thanksgiving and reflection to my life. It takes me outside of myself and my circumstances to reflect on the truth that you came for me, for us.


I think something The Lord has continued to teach me this past year is the many facets we have in our relationship. He loves as a bridegroom. He provides as a Father. He protects as a loyal friend. Through the understanding of these different facets oh how my love for Him has grown...

How I have fallen more in love with Him as the days pass. How I have become more appreciative for the way He provides and for His perfect provision and timing. And how I have cherished our intimate time together as such a dear friend.

I continue to stand in awe over our Savior and how He loves us. The sweet babe in a manger that came to save. To have a relationship with us. To call us by name to follow Him into eternity. I stand here humbled and overwhelmed by the greatness of His presence as I reflect over His grace and power--the one through whom all blessings flow.


We rejoice in this Christmas season over the King of Kings, Wonderful Counselor, who is mighty to save and does! Lord we rejoice over you and thank you for the gift of yourself. For there is no greater gift or act of love. Oh Father, for how great is your love. 


"This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ. I in them, and you in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you loved me." --John 17:3, 23


- Rachel C.



Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

No comments: