Thursday, December 05, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 5

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!





Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)


Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.



I love giving gifts at Christmas. I search very hard for just the right gift for that special person. I picture in my mind the person opening my gift and the joy on their face when they see what I have given. I shop, worry, wrap. I get caught up in the frivolity of it all. And that's when it hits me! For you see, the perfect gift has already been given. It is the gift of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. "And His name shall be called: Wonderful! Counselor! The Mighty God! The Everlasting Father! The Prince of Peace." No line in all of scripture penetrates my soul as does this one. Jesus Christ is the way. He has taught us how to live by His perfect example and He has taught us that it is only through Him we can return to live with Him and with Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is my dearest friend. He has walked with me in my darkest hours. He has rejoiced with me on my most glorious days. I testify that He lives and that He is my Savior and my Redeemer. I am so profoundly grateful for Him and all he has done for me.
- Lisa






Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

No comments: