Friday, December 13, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 13

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!





Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.

As we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ--the spotless Lamb of God who took upon Himself the sins of the world--I consider not only His birthday, but also my second birth that occurred in October 1985 after I turned 30. That was the day that I came to the shocking and room shaking revelation that the Bible was speaking directly to me.
Reading a tract that was put into my hands by the mother of a dear friend, I was shaken to my core and realized that I was a sinner. I had hurt God's feelings! This Bible that had always been so distant to me, suddenly came to life as I fell on the floor, repenting and crying before my Lord. I could not see for the cloud that had filled the room. I began tearing up books from my bookcase like a mad woman, determined to remove anything that was remotely offensive to my Lord who was filling me with His Holy Spirit.

It is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance, and on that day in 1985, He was very, very good to me. He brought me into new life, and my spirit was born anew. Through faith in His grace, I have grown in Him--just like a child--feeding on His word and being lead by the Holy Spirit--my teacher, counselor, and comforter.
He has changed me from the inside out, taking away my desire to sin and supernaturally changing my attitudes and opinions. A dear friend once said, "What we behold, we become like." And the more we behold Jesus, the more we die to our old selves and become more like Him.

So, this Christmas as we look upon the images of baby Jesus lying in a manger, consider for a moment the new birth awaiting all of us who will call upon His Name. He is "no respecter of persons." The invitation is open to all who desire to know Him.

"For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:12-13)

- Stephanie


Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

1 comment:

Lisa and Doug said...

I love Stephanie.