Tuesday, December 03, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 3

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!



Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.


If Jesus were standing in a room with us all, what would be your first question to him? Would it be how often one "should" take communion, or whether sabbath is actually on Saturday or Sunday, who is a bigger sinner the homosexual or the one judging the homosexual, or even whether organ music is holier than Christian rock?

If these types of issues aren't what we would choose to discuss with Jesus, then why do we spend so much time discussing these divisive and relatively unimportant things amongst ourselves? Jesus' prayer for us before he ascended was that there be unity among his followers. I believe that's because division allows the enemy to step between us and gain a foothold.

I hope I would ask Jesus how I could love like he does; and then be willing to do whatever he asks of me so I can share his love and show it to others.

That's all. Was just thinking about how Jesus loves each of us and wishing I could do a better job of loving others...

- Maureen



Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So true! I wish more would focus on loving like Jesus and being more Christlike in our actions and hearts than "rules" and differences.