Sunday, December 08, 2013

25 Days of Christ - Day 8

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!




Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.


Being a gay man, many people think that one can't have a relationship with God, but I will be the first to say that that is false. Before coming out, I wasn't spiritual, and when I was, it was for show. To hide the sexual orientation that was taboo. However, since coming out, I've never felt so much joy, love, and peace. I know God loves me. I know where I am. I know who I am. And I know where I'm going. I still have a testimony, and I hold that very near to my heart. During Christmas, I am one to reflect on my previous year of my growth as a person and how I have bettered myself over the months. I know that my strengths come from above.

Also, I have been abroad in a country where there were no Christians. Over the Christmas season, I still felt love. I didn't have the decorative streets, the gifts, etc. I had a 7 inch Christmas tree in my apt, but the Christmas spirit was with me and I felt that peace and joy.


I guess what I'm trying to say is, during Christmas, and throughout the year, even as a gay man, who attends no religious service and doesn't identify as anything but Christian--I still have a testimony that grows every day because of the love I feel, and the small miracles in my life.


- Mitchell


Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

No comments: