Thursday, December 12, 2013

25 Days of Christmas - Day 12

The 25 Days of Christ is my project this Christmas to collect different thoughts of Christ from different Christians that come from different perspectives. The goal of my project is to unify us in celebrating and praising our Savior Jesus Christ this holiday season. I hope that throughout December we can let all within us praise His holy name!!



Photo by Mark Mabry (http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.php)
Copyright © 2012 Reflections of Christ. All rights reserved.


For a few years on my birthday, a family friend would send me roses. A couple of years ago, I wondered if the tradition would continue, since I haven't seen this beloved friend in years. No flowers came from him that day. I wasn't broken up over it by any means, but I did notice. Later on that day, I came downstairs to find a pink rose on the table. It was from my neighbor's garden, and I quickly asked my parents if they had told my neighbor about the tradition. Nope. But Jesus knew.

This has happened to me a couple of other times as well: once with a friend bringing me Christmas lights for my dorm room as a present without me requesting it, and once with my parents buying me cupcakes for my birthday without knowing I wanted them. For me, it was not the gifts that mattered so much as knowing God sees and loves me. I know he sees and loves you too, and I know that every good and perfect gift comes from him, big and small. (James 1:17) I hope you'll believe that this holiday, because I do.

- Carmen


Note: The postings from "The 25 Days of Christ" are thoughts shared by guest posters and may not directly reflect the perspective of the blog's main author, Cocoshirley. Any pictures added have been added by Cocoshirley and not by the guest author.

2 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Each post touches me to the core.....but this one really did it!

DTA said...

Thanks Carmen for sharing your feelings. I whole-heartedly agree.

Doug A.